Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

To all the mommas out there. I myself am one tired momma, and I am going to bed. It was a fairly relaxed Saturday, so all I did was:

1. roast a chicken and make the accompanying tomatillo cilantro sauce
2. Make chicken stock out of the roast chicken carcass
3. Plant two boxwoods and clear a garbage can's worth of debris from the yard
4. Four loads of laundry
5. Squeeze 30 lemons for lemonade
6. Weed (inbetween thunderstorms)
7. Chase a Kraken around the mall playground until she collapsed, sobbing for chicken nuggets
8. Purchase all the fixings for a succulent garden to go in the front yard

Which leaves only 23 items on the household to do list left undone. I know. I need to learn to let stuff go. But in the meantime, there had better be some flowers in the morning.

And now, for the first time ever on this blog, pictorial evidence that the Kraken truly does exist.

Cheese

5 comments:

cubmommy said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

bon said...

Sooooooo cute! And all that HAIR, it has been a while since I have seen pics of Kraken and now she's a GIRL. Toddler and baby look gone now. So fast.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Sounds like my weekend, and like my list. But I can't do any of the things that require bending. Her hair has grown so much! Same beautiful eyes, though.

Bobita said...

Oh. My. God. She is sweeter than sugar!!

Anonymous said...

OMG she is so big!!!! ANd I can't wait to see how sleek you look! Missed you, will take time to catch up but I'll get there.