Saturday, May 5, 2007

I'm back.

Has it really been almost a month since I posted? I feel woefully out of touch. So much has happened, and so little has changed.

I am now 10 pounds down, after a month and a half on Weight Watchers. This feels like good progress to me, especially as my face looks suddenly very different in the mirror.

The Minotaur and I have been engaged in non-stop landscaping adventures, which is largely why I've been out of touch - every spare nap moment has been engaged in outdoor hijinks. Ladies, I have a TAN from this madness. Me, with a tan. It doesn't bear thinking about!

The Kraken has not been sleeping. This is not a new pattern - we've certainly seen it before, but combined with her current short fuse and shrieking vocal skills, my patience has been stretched to its limit. Fortunately.......

The company I work for has recently decided that it needs to do something to promote the health and fitness of its employees besides just offering health and dental. I know that many companies are doing this these days, but I don't know how many companies the size of mine are doing so (we are getting bigger, but we are not huge). Anyway, after a week long competition to see who could generate the most 'steps' on an all-day-worn pedometer, they are now bringing in this amazing Amazon of a woman (the wife of one of our employees) to put us through a workout twice a week. That's right. Work sanctioned, work financed exercise. It has jarred me into returning to my old working out ways, to ensure that I don't look like a complete idiot when we are all working out together. I am so very, very grateful, and for the first time in almost four years, my body is starting to look familiar to me in the mirror.

That's really all my news. We are in full home improvement mode while the weather is nice but not chokingly hot, and I am 10 pounds away from the goal weight that I set for attempting a second pregnancy. I have a feeling it will be a very interesting fall.....

2 comments:

devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

Hey woman! The weight loss is awesome! I am still half-assed trying, so I'm still not getting anywhere on my diet and exercise plan.....though I do feel a lot stronger, and crave water instead of sodas these days. I guess that is a start, right?


I am excited for you! Congrats on the weight loss! I have a feeling it will be an interesting fall, too :)

Sugarmama said...

Know what I'm jealous of? Your opportunity to have muscle tone again. I can't say I love exercise, but I sure love having muscle definition in my arms and knees and back and such. It looks good, but it feels great. (Though apparently not great enough for me to get motivated to take advantage of my gym membership...)