Friday, January 18, 2008

It turns out that it wasn't New York I was afraid of, but I have to wonder how much of my dread of this trip was prescience.

I miscarried yesterday, in the middle of the conference I was attending. The very wonderful doctors of NYU Medical Center released me at 9:30 last night after a D&C to complete what my body chose to start. I am in the airport catching an earlier flight home as we speak. My shell shocked but incredibily supportive and comforting employee is reading at my side, and in just a few hours I will be able to see my husband and child.

I am not sure when or if I will be able to blog, or talk further about the experience itself. My emotions are incredibly close to the surface at the moment, and I'm just trying to get through the day and get home.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Lurker here, actually a friend of a friend. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for your loss. I also had a miscarriage in 2004 and I have tears in my eyes as I write this.

Phantom Scribbler said...

I'm so, so, so sorry.

Piece of Work said...

Oh! I'm so sorry. That is just terrible, terrible news. I wish I could come over and give you a hug and mix you a cocktail. So, so sorry, sweetie.

cubmommy said...

Oh my I am so sorry. Here is a big hug for you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

*hugs*

I am so very sorry. I wish there was something I could say or do to help.

graymama said...

((((hugs))))

I am crying for you and your family, and my heart just aches for you. I lost Beloved on April 15, 2003. If you ever want to chat about it just write me an e-mail.

Take care sweetie <3

michaela said...

I am so, so sorry for your loss.