Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Multitasking

It's Tuesday night. 9:20 PM. I should be sitting on my butt for the first time today, doing nothing. What am I doing?

1. Running in and out of the kitchen to check on the status of the cold cream I am brewing like a mad scientist on the stovetop.
2. Running in and out of the laundry room to perpetuate the endless cycle of dump, move, fold, hang.
3. Working. One of my employees is going to be out for a few weeks, so it's a little crazy right now.
4. Making a grocery list. Because god forbid I go two days without going to the store.
5. Blogging, because I won't have time to do it again for several days.
6. Hunting the Internet for coated labels for a little side venture I'm going to be starting (more on that later).

Sheesh. Even though I know how exhausted and brain dead I will be in the weeks when the baby comes, I am looking forward to those long Will and Grace rerun watching hours of sitting on the couch with a never-sated human parasite clamped to my breast. At least I will only be doing two things.

No comments: