Friday, November 7, 2008

Another day, another disaster

Turns out it wasn't a blighted ovum after all. Fetal pole and yolk sac present, which means real baby, who had a real shot at making it. My doc's best guess now is that the baby died at 6 weeks or so, quite possibly due to a clot from my fabulous little disorder. By the time my other doc caught the report from the lab from August and got me on the heparin, the baby was already gone.

I don't know whether to be angry that it got missed, or relieved that even I don't have luck bad enough to lose one randomly with this other mess going on.

And does anyone else think it's shitty that the patient leaflet with the medication they give you to induce miscarriage at home has "DO NOT TAKE IF PREGNANT" in biiiiiig letters at the top?

3 comments:

bon said...

OK... so I am glad that this was not random bad luck, but indeed related to a thing that (sounds like) can be controlled with medication. But this whole heartbreak can be categorically dumped into the "shitty" bucket and... yeah.

Shitty.

Phantom Scribbler said...

That's just awful, all of it. I'm so sorry.

susan said...

No way! (on the medication).

I'm so sorry.