Thursday, June 11, 2009

I grow old, I grow old

I have a Facebook friend, a woman I knew in college. Back then, we ran with the same crowd, but I wouldn't have called us bosom buddies. Now, uh...._____ years later, as grown up women with one child each and fertility issues, we find comfort in each other and a friendship we never had back then. She is a great ear when I need to vent, and I hope I fulfill the same role adequately for her. However, tonight she is on my shit list.

She reminded me, in a FB email, that she became a teenager TWENTY SEVEN YEARS AGO. That made me do some basic math myself.

1. First dyed hair - 25 years ago
2. Graduated from high school - 21 years ago
3. Pierced nose - 20 years ago
4. First tattoo - 20 years ago
5. First time I said " I am totally going to marry this man" - 18 years ago

And now the baggers at the grocery store call me "ma'am.

Excuse me while I throw up in my mouth a little.

1 comment:

bon said...

I dunno... is it wrong that I am gleefully looking forward to my 40's? Really. No joke... I am happier today than my 16th, 21st or 30th birthdays!