Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Conversations on the stairs

Documenting from tonight, when the Kraken found me crying on the steps because of yet another fucking negative pregnancy test (the 6th month in a row, meaning it's time to go back to the doctor to get evaluated for fertility issues in addition to the fabulous clotting disorder).

Kraken: Mommy, why are you crying?
SG: (So not wanting to explain it to a four year old) I'm okay, honey, I just have something in my eye.
Kraken: Did you get it out?
SG: I think so.
Kraken: Here. Let me wipe away your tears for you. That's really all I can do.

Gulp.

3 comments:

Ryn said...

Hugs! Also, I got sidetracked when reading this because I thought it said 'fabulous clothing disorder' and I was trying to figure out what had happened to all of your clothes, or if perhaps you had decided to shun black in favor of stretchy sequined pants and brightly-colored tube tops or something.

Phantom Scribbler said...

Bah. I very much unlike this. Except for the part about the Kraken being more balanced and mature than a lot of grown-ups I could mention. That part, I'm enamored with.

susan said...

What Phantom said: that's an amazing response.