Friday, August 8, 2008

Catch-22

By the time I get done paying for the medical costs associated with the miscarriages, I will be unable to afford another child.

From the NY misadventure in January - $1500 out of pocket. Fortunately, a substantial flex plan was in place still from the years when the Kraken had ear infections, so that was all covered. I may have been paying for it, but I was at least paying for it tax free, out of money that came out of my paycheck, and therefore was never missed.

Up until today, the bills from the twins have been frustrating, but not insurmountable. About $400 in total. I began to think that the NY bill had been excessive because I was out of network. And then the $650 invoice arrived today.

I haven't gotten bill one for the fertility testing yet. By the time we're done, it will be a moot point - the money we had been saving for me to be out of work with a newborn will be gone.

This sucks. I cannot imagine having to go through this without really good insurance, which I actually have.

3 comments:

bon said...

Depressing. Seriously.

DimeADanceQueen said...

Oi! Crap.. That totally stinks.

Piece of Work said...

Ugh. It's just so fucking cruel.