Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A new friend

Some of you know that when we went to visit my family this summer we had a playdate with my high school boyfriend, his wife, and their daughter. I had stayed friends with said ex/BF for many years, losing touch as our lives became divergent (as they do). He got married and had a little one. I was still running around like a wild woman, wearing slips instead of dresses to the bar, and other such shenanigans.

Anyhow, short story long - after a number of years with no contact, I found him via our high school alumni site. I had long worried about his health, which was failing when last we got together in person. I was afraid the news I would find would not be good.

Instead, I found him, living in our old hometown, still married, with that little one already 8 years old. Yeesh. That made me feel old. We arranged to meet with families in tow when the Minotaur and I arrived home. And what do you think happened??

That's right. Every guy's worst nightmare. I really, really liked his wife. I talked to her instead of him. As he watched, looking vaguely uneasy. She's sassy, and in charge, not to mention a fellow vampire fan and occasional (ahem) user of the hair color altering products.

And now? She's a blogger, too. I gave her the URL for this blog so we could get to know each other, and now she's started one of her own. Will y'all please run over and say hi when you get a sec? Welcome her to the fold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! A new blog to read!

I went by and introduced myself :) Hope your friend will like me.